Last night I attended a Young Life Ministry meeting. Before I attended this meeting I had not heard of this ministry except through these friends that had invited me. We got to meet some of the kids from Byrd/Captain Shreve that are in Young Life and gave their testimony on how it changed their lives. I have to admit I was very moved by the passion that these young kids had. Luke Johnson is the Young Life Leader for the Shreveport area and is trying to get Young Life started in the Bossier/Haughton area. The things that most impressed me about Young Life is that it is an outreach to teenagers who normally wouldn't step foot in a church plus more. They go out to them just to become their friends and to share Jesus' love. Not to get them to go to that church or that but just love them unconditionally whether they accept the Good News or not.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in getting involved in let me know. They will have another meeting either in Oct or Nov.
I encourage everyone who reads this to go to www.younglife.org to see what all this ministry does and the different ways you can get involved. I'm very excited about this ministry and want everyone to spread the word!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Young Life Ministry
Posted by Rachel at 10:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment