CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Addison's Ordeal



Just to back up a bit and give some history. Around the middle of December we noticed that Addison was limping some. I thought it may have been soreness from her immunization shots that received around that time but after apprx. 2 weeks I made an appt. w/ her pediatrician. After doing a CBC and X-rays they could not find anything wrong. They told me to monitor her over the weekend and give her ibuprofen. So after the weekend I called to tell them that she was continuing to limp and that it was worst in the morning. They referred us to an orthopedic specialist. When we went he also ran some additional X-ray and did not see anything wrong. He told us to watch her and bring her back in 2 weeks if the same. After leaving very frustrated, I had research some info on the web and from her symptoms I thought it may be juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. I suggested this to the ortho and said said probably not. But after talking to the pedi again they referred me to a rheumatologist. Meanwhile we kept her appt.

Friday was our second visit to the orthopedic specialist. We had brought video tape of her in the morning so that he could see what was going on. He said there was definitely something he ran a back and pelvis x-ray but again they both came back okay. So he suggested see a rheumatologist and explained that we had made an appt. already b/c we had thought that it might be that. He said that there is a good chance that she will grow out of it. I think I was more happy that we are finally getting closer to finding out what it is then anything.

So we are praying that God will heal her little body. I know God can make this limp go away w/o any explanation. And that's what we are praying.

1 comments:

Ericka said...

Beautiful Additison, I know that God will be taking great care of you. Stay strong precious one!